In combination with a Ratio 12 speed ratchet, the Ratio cable spool allows you to upgrade SRAM 10 speed road shifters to 12 speed. Additionally, the spool can be used as a replacement part for damaged SRAM 11 speed road shifters.
- Don’t scrap your 10 speed shifters – upgrade them to 12 with a Ratio spool!
- With a spool fitted, 10 speed shifters will also be compatible with SRAM 11 speed ratchets
- Replace a damaged 11 speed cable spool
Note: If you fit the Ratio cable spool to 10 speed shifters, you will be able to fit 11 or 12 speed ratchets. To re-fit the original 10 speed ratchet just replace the original cable spool.
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio cable spool
- M2.5 screw for shifter disassembly
To use the spool you will need:
- SRAM 10 or 11 speed road shifters from the Red™, Force™, Rival™, Apex™ or S Series™ groups.
To fit your spool to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video. When you remove the red-coloured SRAM spool, replace it with your new black-coloured Ratio spool*:
To fit your spool to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video. When you remove the red-coloured (11 speed) or white-coloured (10 speed) SRAM spool, replace it with your new black-coloured Ratio spool. Note that an 11 speed shifter is shown, but the process is very similar for 10 speed models*.
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
*Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty. Ratio Technology Limited is in no way linked to SRAM LLC