The Ratio 2x12SH Upgrade Kit allows you to operate a Shimano 12 speed road cassette and 12 speed Shimano chain with your existing SRAM 10 or 11 speed mechanical road shifters and 10 or 11 speed 2x-specific SRAM Exact Actuation* rear derailleur.
Using a 2x12SH Upgrade Kit gives you the following advantages:
- Closer gear ratios than 11 speed
- Class leading shift quality with Shimano cassettes
- Lower cost than a full Shimano groupset
- Avoid consigning functional components to the bin, upgrade them instead.
- The reliability and serviceability of mechanical shifting #humanpowered
In your kit you will find:
- Ratio 12SH ratchet, with shift spacing specifically designed for Shimano 12 speed road cassettes
- Ratio 11 tooth jockey wheels with stainless Enduro bearings and labyrinth seals, specifically designed for Shimano 12 speed chains and 2x-specific SRAM road rear derailleurs
- M2.5 screw for shifter ratchet replacement
To use this kit you will need:
- SRAM 11 speed road shifters from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11), or:
SRAM 10 speed equivalents with a Ratio Cable Spool fitted
- SRAM 2x-specific rear derailleur from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11 or 2×10)
- SRAM 2x front derailleur from the Red*, Force*, Rival* or Apex* groups (22 series 2×11 or 2×10)
- A 12 speed Shimano road cassette
- A 12 speed Shimano chain
- 2×11 chainrings (preferable) or 2×10 chainrings
- An 11 speed HG Freehub
How is this kit different to the 2×12 Road Upgrade kit?
The 1×12 and 2×12 Road Upgrade kits use our 12 speed Road ratchet, which is designed for the proprietary sprocket spacing of SRAM AXS* road and XPLR* cassettes. These cassettes use different sprocket positions to Shimano’s 12 speed road cassettes, despite both being 12 speed. Additionally, the geometry of Shimano 12 speed road cassettes means it is necessary to use a slightly offset jockey wheel in order to properly engage the largest sprocket.
All products we offer for sale on our website are Ratio Technology products unless stated otherwise. All third-party products, company names and logos remain the property of their respective holders and use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for hydraulic brakes, see the following video**:
To fit your ratchet to SRAM shifters for cable brakes, see the following video**:
NOTE: On some older shifters, the reach adjuster will not spin freely when it bottoms out. Stop turning the reach adjuster screw as soon as you encounter resistance.
* Ratio Technology Limited is not in any way affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by SRAM, LLC or SHIMANO INC.
AXS®, DoubleTap®, eTap®, SRAM®,SRAM APEX®, SRAM EAGLE®, SRAM FORCE®, SRAM RED®, SRAM RIVAL®, X0®, X01®, XX1® are registered trade marks owned by SRAM, LLC. Eagle™, Exact Actuation™, GX™, NX™, SRAM APEX 1™, SRAM Force 1™, SRAM RIVAL 1™, S-series™, SX™, WiFLi™, X-Actuation™, XD™, XDR™, XPLR™, XX™, Zero Loss™ are trademarks of SRAM, LLC.
105, Ultegra, Dura-Ace are registered trade marks owned by SHIMANO INC.
** Please note that modifying these components may void the original SRAM warranty.