Important Update: Orders to the EU Customs Union
Information updated: 09/02/2021
The end of the Brexit transitional period on 31/12/2020 has been disruptive to trade between Europe and the U.K. Like many businesses we have been affected. We’re sorry for the impact this has on our customers. We’re working on better solutions but this is our current position:
we are still Accepting orders from the European UNION CUSTOMS Union. however, please be aware of the following:
- You should be charged Import VAT at customs in the destination country.
- There may be an additional customs handling fee. This is normally small but may be up to €25.
- If your order includes SRAM components, you may be charged a 4.7% tariff on those parts.
- Your order may be delayed at customs in the destination country. Currently the delay is typically about 1 week.
If You have placed an order from Europe since 01/01/2021 and would like to discuss it with us, please email email@example.com
Details of our response to the situation and our current position.
- Since the end of the Brexit transitional period on 31/12/2020, shipping from the UK to the European Union Customs Union (EUCU) has become an uncertain process.
- We would like to continue shipping to to Europe. We want to minimise the effect of our government’s decisions on European riders and currently we’ve got no other means of providing kits to you in Europe.
- By the end of January it became clear that some of our customers were experiencing delays whilst their order cleared customs. For example, orders to Germany seem to be delayed by about a week.
- Some countries (Belgium for example) are now charging a customs handling fee. This is normally a small amount but can be up to about €25.
- We’d like to know about the experiences of more of our European customers since the end of the Brexit transitional period. If you’ve been affected please fill out this survey or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.