Important Update: Orders to the EU Customs Union
Information updated: 24/03/2021
The end of the Brexit transitional period on 31/12/2020 has been disruptive to trade between Europe and the U.K. Like many businesses we have been affected. We’re sorry for the impact this has on our customers. We’re working on better solutions but this is our current position:
we are Accepting orders from the European UNION CUSTOMS Union. however, please be aware of the following:
- You should be charged Import VAT at customs in the destination country.
- There may be an additional customs handling fee. This is normally small but may be up to €32 (in Belgium, for orders over €150).
- You may be charged further import duties (for example €10.70 in Belgium on an order worth €270).
- If your order includes SRAM components, you may be charged a 4.7% tariff on those parts.
- Your order may be delayed at customs in the destination country. This delay varies with country.
- Currently the longest delays seem to be for orders shipped to Germany via Royal Mail. These can be up to 4 weeks. If you want your parcel quicker we advise using the DHL Express shipping option.
If You have placed an order from Europe and would like to discuss it with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of our response to the situation and our current position.
- Since the end of the Brexit transitional period on 31/12/2020, shipping from the UK to the European Union Customs Union (EUCU) has become an uncertain process.
- We have continued shipping to to Europe. We want to minimise the effect of our government’s decisions on European riders and currently we’ve got no other means of providing kits to you in Europe.
- It’s clear that some of our customers were experiencing delays whilst their order cleared customs.
- The biggest delays we’ve seen are to Germany where some parcels have taken 4 weeks to clear customs if the courier is Royal Mail. We advise you to use DHL Express if you’re in Germany and want your order promptly.
- Some countries are now charging a customs handling fee. This is normally a small amount but can be significant. For example in Belgium it is €25.
- We’d like to know about the experiences of more of our European customers since the end of the Brexit transitional period. If you’ve been affected please fill out this survey or email us at email@example.com.